In 1900, the replica handbags outlet Paris world expo. Under the Eiffel Tower, when the handover in the new century, the Swiss watch OMEGA style series with its hermes replica handbags excellent performance won the highest honor awarded by the international jury member clubs with fame spreading far ysl replica handbags and wide, and the Greek temple (Greek Temple) gold carved table is one of. at that time, the OMEGA watch the annual output 640-460 Exam Questions two hundred thousand, one thousand employees, is a Swiss manufacturer hermes replica handbags come first on the list tab.

hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags replica handbags replica handbags burberry replica handbags replica handbags burberry replica handbags replica handbags celine replica handbags celine replica handbags celine replica handbags replica handbags celine replica handbags replica handbags celine replica handbags replica handbags ysl replica handbags replica handbags ysl replica handbags replica handbags louis vuitton replica handbags replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags 640-460 Exam Questions Latest Cisco 648-232 Test Questions cisco 200-120 Microsoft 70-410 Microsoft 70-462 Latest Cisco 400-101 Test Questions 070-410 700-501 Microsoft 070-411 100-101 646-206 070-462 050-SEPROAUTH-02 Microsoft MB2-703 Microsoft MB2-703 050-SEPROAUTH-02 646-206 Microsoft 70-462 CCIE Lab CCIE routing and switching lab CCIE Data Center Lab CCIE Security Lab CCIE Wireless Lab louis vuitton replica handbags replica handbags
Cambridge Park & Meadowbank: East Twickenham and St Margarets: The Twickenham Museum
The Twickenham Museum The history centre for Twickenham, Whitton, Teddington and the Hamptons
Click for Homepage Click for People Click for Places Click for Events Click for Research Click for Themed Exhibitions Click for Picture Archive Click for Timeline Click for children's section
Thursday, 23 October 2014
People Places banner image

Cambridge Park & Meadowbank

  Date: 1616

A Jacobean Mansion

 
  
Cambridge Park, previously Twickenham Meadows, and Richmond Bridge in an engraving by J Landseer
Cambridge Park, previously Twickenham Meadows, and Richmond Bridge in an engraving by J Landseer
CAMBRIDGE PARK, RICHMOND FERRY, later TWICKENHAM MEADOWS later CAMBRIDGE HOUSE,      
      
      
A Jacobean, brick mansion of three storeys, built c1610 and demolished in 1937. Frescoes and a fireplace surround uncovered during the demolition have been held to date from the middle of the 16th century, suggesting that an earlier building was incorporated into the building of the house.
      
At 74 acres, the second largest estate in Twickenham after Twickenham Park      
      
c1616   Sir Humphrey Lynd (1579-1636)   74 acres + new mansion
1630   Joyce Countess of Totness (1562-1637)   
1638   Sir Thomas Lawley, Bt (1586-1646)   
1646   Estate retained by the family   
1657   Sir Joseph Ashe, Bt (1617-1686)   
1687   Sir James Ashe, Bt (1674-1733)   son
1733   Joseph Windham Ashe (1683-1746)   son-in-law adopted name
1747 Martha Ashe, widow (d1749)
      mansion enlarged
1749   Valens Comyns   
1751   Richard Owen Cambridge (1717-1802)   
1802   Charlotte Cambridge (d1823)   daughter
1823   George Owen Cambridge (1756-1841)   son (Archdeacon)
1824   Lord Mount Edgcumbe, 2nd Earl (1764- 1839)   Property leased      
^ top ^
Property divided
Meadowbank built
1832 John Cam Hobhouse Property leased
1835 Henry Bevan (d1860) 30 remaining acres
mansion enlarged
renamed Cambridge House
1860 Lady Caroline Chichester daughter
Sir Edward John Dean Paul (4th Bt. d1895) grandson
1895 Henry Creswell Foulkes, builder Estate redeveloped
c1930 Mansion demolished
^ top ^
Mr Bishop's Observatory, 1869
Mr Bishop's Observatory, 1869
MEADOWBANK & MEADOWSIDE COTTAGE

1824 George Owen (Archdeacon) Cambridge 44 acres + new house
1832 Meadowside Cottage built
1861 George Bishop Junior (astronomer) Observatory built
1863 Jeremiah Little land surrounding the house
redeveloped
1926 House extended
c1960 House rebuilt

further reading:

Twickenham 1600-1900, People & Places, Borough of Twickenham Local History Society Paper No 47, 1988
Maureen Bunch, Cambridge Park, Twickenham 1616-1835, Borough of Twickenham Local History Society Paper No 63, 1989
^ top ^
 
Printer-friendly version: Cambridge Park & Meadowbank
More about East Twickenham and St Margarets

the second largest estate in Twickenham after Twickenham Park


TOP

Home | People | Places | Events | Research | Themes | Pictures | Timeline | Kids
Search | About | News | Newsletter | Contact | Site Map
Help | Credits | Links
Make a donation

© The Twickenham Museum