House built on site of spring for Hampton Court
Spring Grove was built on land formerly known as Conduit Close. The site is now occupied by modern houses (c. 1983) in a cul-de-sac known as Spring Grove.
The two-storey brick-built house, with attics, was built in about 1767 on the site of the spring and conduit house which had served Hampton Court Palace from Henry VIII's time until about 1670. Spring Grove was demolished in 1981.
1758 Conduit Close leased to Stephen Wright
c. 1765 Conduit house demolished. House valued at £81
1780 Mrs Mary Pratt (d 1792), daughter of Stephen Wright Lease extended 50 years
1792 John Greg of Belfast, first Government Commissioner for the sale of land in the West Indies(d 1795 - pyramid tomb in St. Mary's churchyard)
Named Spring Grove
1795 Catherine Greg (d 1819), widow of John Greg
William Henderson (d 1825)
Trustees of William Henderson
Dr A D Owen
mid 1930's Dr R S Foss (d c1971)
c. 1983 Modern houses built