The Twickenham Museum
Places : Hampton

The Old Grange
19th century girls' school in Church Street

The Old Grange, 2 Church Street

The Old Grange is at 2 Church Street, Hampton. It is a three-storey brick built-house dating from about 1650. The west front has a pair of Flemish type gables. In the 19th century, it was a private girls' school.

1800 Private girls' school
Miss Louisa Berryman (d. 1842) &
Mrs Patty Francis (nee Lawrence)
1842 Private school
Mrs Patty Francis (d. 1863)
1863 Misses Lawrence (nieces and
great nieces of Patty Francis)
1910 School closed

Further reading:
G D Heath, Hampton in the Nineteenth Century, Borough of Twickenham Local History Society Paper No27, 1773 (2nd edition 1993).

back to top