The Twickenham Museum
Places : Twickenham

The Lodge (Twickenham Lodge)
House on Twickenham Common

Described, in 1794, by Edward Ironside as a "plain convenient family-house with most pleasant grounds" and by R S Cobbet in 1872 as:

"in its character incongruous, suggesting the possibility of a smaller structure having been added to the remnants of a much larger building".

This property stood beside the Hampton Road, Twickenham, just to the north of Wellesley Road.

1748 Mr Singer, entry in Poor Rate book
1765 Edward Styles, entry in Poor Rate Book
1773 John Davenport,entry in Poor Rate Book
Francis Salvador, tenant
1781 John Davenport, occupier
1796 John Davenport Bromfield,
Owner by inheritance
Moore, tenant
1818 Twickenham Lodge, freehold
Enclosure Award 342,343, 344-349
William Baker, occupier, a surgeon
1820 Thomas Moxon, tenant
1836 Sir Wathen Waller,
relict of Baroness Howe
1846 J Wright Nokes,
described as House, garden & rickyard
1854 death of Thomas Moxon

(to be completed)

back to top