The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Castle House

High Street, Hampton

1780 Mrs Hare
1785 Mrs Hare
1792 General James Johnstone until 1798
1823 Occupied by Jackson & related Kent families (parish clerks for 4 generations) for over 100 years
1831 Wiliam Jackson
1847 William Jackson
1852 Robert Jackson Kent
1855 Francis Jackson Kent Sen & Jun until 1891
1924 Kent & Son, Solicitors until 1937
c1932 converted into offices and timberyard by Hampton Timber Co
1937 Kent & Son Solicitors & Hampton Timber Company
1953 Hampton Timber Company
1957 sold to Lovell & Sons Ltd, building contractors
c1960 house demolished and industrial works built
1964 severe fire, factory rebuilt
1990 new buildings built as Live/Work spaces. Some buildings converted as Castle Business Village
Castle House

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.