The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Compton
The White Horse

87 High Street, Hampton

The Londonderry Arms
1801 Public House, The White Horse
1848 C Vantier
1852 William Macarell
1855 William Mackrell (sic)
1872 Cornelius Spall until 1881
1888 J J Holt
1891 E Clements
1901 James Wilkins
1914 private house, known as Compton
1931 Aug J Hailey
1937 Norman Warne
1953 J W Vincent

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.