The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Hill House

Station Road, Hampton

present site of "new" Village Green housing development
1767 James Coutts, banker, until 1776
c1837 Hill House School, until 1854
1847 John Edward Mills (1783-1859) & wife Frances (1790-1874)
1852 John Edward Mills & wife Frances
1855 Major Archer
1856 Clement Robert Archer until 1881
1868 private house. Visited by Duke of Edinburgh attending wedding of daughter of the house who was member of the Archer family
1888 Mrs Archer
1901 house demolished to make way for Station Road Filter Beds
Hill House

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.