The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Jessamine House

58 Thames Street, Hampton

present site used as a vehicle display space by Kingsbury's Garage
1771 Thomas Rosoman, builder & manager of Sadlers Wells Theatre 1746-71
1782 descendants of Thomas Rosoman until c1870
1864 Edward Boodle
1867 Edward Boodle
c1870 overflow building for Latin School (Hampton Grammar School) until c1880
1881 Henry Perdue
1888 H Purdue (sic)
1890 Mrs Smith
1891 Frederick Barnes
1901 Walter C Jerrold
1920s George Jenner Kingsbury until 1939
c1939 "loaned" to National Fire Service until 1948
c1948 converted into flats
1953 F A Tokley in 58a
R P Pember in 58b
P L Daly in 58c
1957 house demolished
Jessamine House
Site of Jessamine House

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.