The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

The Manor House, Hampton

off The High Street, Hampton

1769 Sir Thomas Frederick (d1770)
1770 Elizabeth Frederick ( married Sir John Morshead) and Selina Frederick (married (1) Robert Thistlethwayte, 1778, (2) Joshua Smith Simmons Smith, 1812)
1814 Sir Charles Edmondstone
1832 Lady Edmonstone
Lady Goodricke
1845 G F Barlow (solicitor to Lady Goodricke who left him property)
c1845 George James Howard, Earl of Carlisle from 1889
1855 *Timothy Healey
1860 *Timothy Healey
1867 *James Pope Kitchen, until 1891
1924 John Hughes, until 1931
c1936 house demolished making way for Manor House Estate
The Manor House

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.