The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers


Rosehill, Hampton

1774 land acquired by John Beard (1716/7-1791) and house built
Charlotte Beard (d1818)
1818 Edward Strettell (d1821)
1823 Elizabeth Strettell (widow)
1831 Miss Strettell
1840 William Ewart, and 1841
1846 Mrs Muskett, until 1853
1860 Francis Offley Martin, until 1876
1879 Walter Moresby Chinnery
1887 Rev R H E Wix
1888 Rev H E Wix, until 1891
1895 Major Percy F Lambert, until 1901
1901 John E Lindler
1902 acquired by UDC for Council Offices and Library
1931 UDC Offices and Library
1937 Library, to date

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.