The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Clifden House

Heath Road north side, Twickenham

1886 House built
1888 Dr John Rudd Leeson (1854-1927). 6 Clifden Rd in 1882. Married (2) Caroline Gwatkin (1851-1931) of Grove House (qv). Charter Mayor 1926
1974 House demolished
Clifden House from the garden, in 1921
Cipher of John Rudd Leeson on the wall of a cottage in Bell Lane, Twickenham

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.