The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Colne Cottage

London Road, south side, opposite Neville House, Twickenham

1761 Capt Lister
1762 *Mr Blake (?later at Cross Deep Lodge)
1763 Mr Lister senr
1841 Eliza Lister buried aet 100
Stephen Thomas Cole (1765-1835) & Lady Elizabeth Cole (d1857) née Stanley
c1870 Vincent Griffiths (1831-1917), CB 1897; m Louisa Emily Caroline Ashford (1841-96), grand-daughter of the Rev Thomas Vialls of Radnor House.
1872 ditto
house demolished to enable building of the Cole Park Estate

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.