The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Neville House

London Road, Twickenham

1725 Sarah Lister (1697-1765) née Nicol built it?
Lieut Col William Lister (1694-1774);
Lieut General Henry Lister, son, (d1785)
1761 Col. Lister (see Colne Cottage for Capt. Lister)
1762 Col. Lister (see Colne Cottage for Mr Blake)
1763 Mr Lister junr (see Colne Cottage for Mr Lister senr)
1776 *The (2nd) Duke of Montrose (1712-1790)
(also at Twickenham Park 1776-90)
1791 *Lady Catholine Lee
1818 Eliza Lister, living at Colne Cottage (qv)
1841 Eliza Lister buried aet 100
*Richard Archibald Brooman
1860 Bought by Thomas Twining III (1806-95)
*Richard Brooman
1872 unoccupied
*?Cole family
1881 The Hon Edward Morris Erskine (1817-83), diplomatist
1888 *Rev Richard Tahourdin, Vicar of Twickenham
1893 house empty
1895 Auguste de Wette (1846-1912), daughter of Thomas Twining, by inheritance
1897 *W H Blamey on lease
*Miss Grant on temporary lease
1912 House sold by executors of Mrs de Wette
1953 Mrs Hoahing (tennis player)
House converted into flats
Neville House 1960

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.