In 1900, the replica handbags outlet Paris world expo. Under the Eiffel Tower, when the handover in the new century, the Swiss watch OMEGA style series with its hermes replica handbags excellent performance won the highest honor awarded by the international jury member clubs with fame spreading far ysl replica handbags and wide, and the Greek temple (Greek Temple) gold carved table is one of. at that time, the OMEGA watch the annual output 640-460 Exam Questions two hundred thousand, one thousand employees, is a Swiss manufacturer hermes replica handbags come first on the list tab.

hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags Louis Vuitton replica handbags replica handbags replica handbags replica handbags burberry replica handbags replica handbags burberry replica handbags replica handbags celine replica handbags celine replica handbags celine replica handbags replica handbags celine replica handbags replica handbags celine replica handbags replica handbags ysl replica handbags replica handbags ysl replica handbags replica handbags louis vuitton replica handbags replica handbags replica handbags hermes replica handbags 640-460 Exam Questions Latest Cisco 648-232 Test Questions cisco 200-120 Microsoft 70-410 Microsoft 70-462 Latest Cisco 400-101 Test Questions 070-410 700-501 Microsoft 070-411 100-101 646-206 070-462 050-SEPROAUTH-02 Microsoft MB2-703 Microsoft MB2-703 050-SEPROAUTH-02 646-206 Microsoft 70-462 CCIE Lab CCIE routing and switching lab CCIE Data Center Lab CCIE Security Lab CCIE Wireless Lab louis vuitton replica handbags replica handbags
The Twickenham Museum : Teddington
The Twickenham Museum The history centre for Twickenham, Whitton, Teddington and the Hamptons
Click for Homepage Click for People Click for Places Click for Events Click for Research Click for Themed Exhibitions Click for Picture Archive Click for Timeline Click for children's section
Thursday, 23 October 2014
Tours banner showing detail from 'Glover' map
Teddington
Bronze dagger found in Sandy Lane barrow, 1854
Bronze dagger found in Sandy Lane barrow, 1854
A number of flint and bone tools and weapons from the Mesolithic period (about 7000BC) have been found at Teddington. Neolithic (3000-4000BC) finds have been made in Bushy Park. Teddington also had a Bronze Age Barrow in Sandy Lane which was excavated in 1854 and a fine bronze dagger was found, although both have since disappeared. There is little evidence of Roman occupation in the area, although there have been some unauthenticated finds. They also have been lost.
Teddington is a name derived from the Anglo-Saxons. The ton element of the name means a settlement. The first element derives from Tuda's people. The manor of Teddington belonged to Benedictine monks in Staines, and it is believed that it was they who first built a chapel dedicated to St Mary on the site of the present church. In a charter of 971AD the land at Teddington and other places was granted to the church of St Peter at Westminster (Westminster Abbey).

 
The Railway Hotel, Teddington
The Railway Hotel, Teddington
Teddington is not mentioned separately in the Domesday survey, being included in the Hampton entry. In the 17th and 18th centuries many wealthy businessmen retired to large houses in Teddington, although it did not become as fashionable as Twickenham.
Teddington remained a rural farming area until the arrival of the railway in 1863. The main shopping centre is divided by the line, with High Street to the east and Broad Street to the west. After this the manor and most of the farms were sold and developed for housing. As a result, the population of 1,200 in 1861 had risen more than ten-fold to 14,000 by 1901. A Local Board was established in 1867, and this became an Urban District Council in 1895.
 
 
 
 
 
Other Themes

Villages on the River

People at Work

People at Play

Villages into Towns

Shopping Streets

Lost Houses

Then and Now

Down by the Riverside

Sporting History

Public Houses

Road Rail and River
 


TOP

Home | People | Places | Events | Research | Themes | Pictures | Timeline | Kids
Search | About | News | Newsletter | Contact | Site Map
Help | Credits | Links
Make a donation

© The Twickenham Museum