The Twickenham Museum
Places : Hampton

St Albans
Later St Albans Bank

St Albans, Hampton

Four-storey, brick built house, dating partly from the late 17th century, extensively altered and extended in the 18th century and later. Demolished in 1972.

1692 Grant of land to Richard Goodwin (d1704)
c1695 House built by Richard Goodwin
1704 Lucy Goodwin, widow (d1714)
1714 Anne Leventhorpe & Lucy Goodwin (daughters)
1716 Lucy Goodwin (takes over sister's share)
c1720-35 Rev Nicholas Zinzano(c1689-1735)
1737 Elizabeth Zinzano, daughter(later Golding)
c1740 Edward Golding (surrendered by wife Elizabeth)
1755 Edward Lowry (d 1784), house extended?
1784 Charles Lowry
1785 John Dawes (d 1788), house improved?
1789 Elizabeth Dawes (d 1796)
1796 John Dawes junior
Aubrey Beauclerk, 5th Duke of St. Albans (1740-1802)
1801 Lionel Colmore (d 1807)
c1807 Thomas Allan
1813 Sir John Fleming Leicester
?1899 Thomas Allan junior
1899 Mrs F A Stevens
1901 Robert George Graham (d 1922) tenant for 20 years
1923 Theodore Cory (d 1961), son-in-law, large alterations
1961 House bequeathed to Borough of Twickenham
1964 Borough of Twickenham took legal possession
1972 House in dangerous condition, demolished

Further reading:

St. Albans - Hampton, Borough of Twickenham Local History Society Paper No25, 1972

back to top