Other Major Houses in Twickenham & Whitton
In 1709, Sir Godfrey Kneller, the court painter, acquired a house ... in the centre of Whitton and rebuilt it.
The first house at Fulwell Park was originally known as Fulwell Lodge and was built in the early 17th century. Much later ex-King , deposed in 1910, lived there after his marriage in 1913. After his death in 1932 the estate was purchased by Wates who developed the estate with housing. Various local road names commemorate this association.
Whitton Park and Whitton Place were formed from a single estate, originally enclosed from Hounslow Heath in the early 17th century. The first house was built by the in the 1720s as a country residence. After the Duke's death in 1761 the house was leased to Sir William Chambers, the architect. The house was demolished about 1845 and the site is now 44-46 Rydal Gardens.
In 1709 Sir Godfrey Kneller, the court painter, acquired a house then known as Whitton Hall in the centre of Whitton and rebuilt it. The present , a result of the rebuilding in the 1840s, and briefly a teacher training college, opened in 1857 as the Royal Military School of Music.