The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Orchard Lodge

Popes Grove, Twickenham

c1845 house built; Rev T Bevan, curate (vicar) of Holy Trinity (d1851)
1872 Col Charles Wise, married Bevan's widow
1882 J R Tindale
1916 St Catherine's School > 1919
1930 house demolished

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.