The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Ryan House
formerly Castle Ryan & River Deep

, Twickenham

1809 House built replacing Pope's Villa; Baroness Howe of Langar (1762-1835)
1818 Sir Wathen Waller (1769-1853), her husband
1840 part of house demolished and remainder divided into two: River Deep & Ryan House
1842 Sir Felix Agar
1844 George Cook
1855 Frederick Thielcke
1865 Frederick Thielcke
1873 H Stuart Esq
1900 George Chancellor, MA
Henry Stuart
1907 named "Castle Ryan"
Mr Lawrence, from Lebanon Park
House converted into flats
Mrs Pucknow, godmother of Rosemary Luard
1937 *Rosemary & Julian Luard
1944 Part of house (River Deep) bombed and demolished.
Ryan House in 2004

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.