The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

The Old Vicarage

by St Mary's Church, Riverside, Twickenham

1635 "Ye Vickeridg Mr Goose" (d1640)
1643 *Henry Mildmay Esq. Lease to expire in 1657
1661 ?
1669 Vicars of Twickenham from time to time
1740 Mr John Hierons
1759 Mr Benson "for the Parsonage"
1760 Vere Pawlett
1793 *Mrs Osbaldeston
1830 Rev CharlesProby> 1858
1872 James Bigwood (see The Lawn)
1887 Rev H F Limpus
1888 House empty
1895 Demolished
The Old Vicarage, seen from the churchyard
detail from the drawing by J C Barrow engraved in 1794

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.