The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Thomas Hudson's House

Cross Deep, Twickenham

1743 Roger Morris (d1749)
1752 House built
1753 Thomas Hudson (1702-1779)
1779 Mary Hudson (née Fynes) (d1783) for life
1780 *Lord Sefton, (d1795) uncle of Maria Fitzherbert, 9th Viscount, cr Earl (Irish peerage) 1771
1783 John May by inheritance
1783 Sir Francis Basset (see Radnor House)
1800 *Sir John Fleming Leicester
1803 Baroness Howe
1811 House demolished
Thomas Hudson's House, designed by Roger Morris
Mr Hudson's house from the river. An incomplete sketch by Samuel Scott

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.