The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Dial House

Riverside, Twickenham

See alsi Dial House in Places
c1720 Two small houses converted into one
1725 Thomas Twining (1675-1741
1741 Mrs Twining
Daniel Twining (1713-1762)
1757/8 ?Mr Chambers "in Mrs Twining's house"
Mr Shackerly (Samuel Lewis);
1782 Peter Shakerley (c1708-?), of Holme in Cheshire, of an ancient family there.; His uncle, also Peter (d1726) of Somerford was governor of Chester Castle. At Cross Deep in 1765
1814 Richard Twining (1749-1824)
House extended by Richard Twining II
1834 House leased to tenants
1841 *Wm Browell, barrister
*Jas Browell, clerk
1853 Rev David Lewis
1855 *Rev David Lewes
1858 ditto
1860 *Ferdinand Carmoax Esq
1865 *Colonel Glossop
1866 Elizabeth Twining (1805-1889)
1890 given to "the people of Twickenham" by Richard Twining at Elizabeth's request
1895 St Mary's vicarage
2001 The Bishop of Kensington
Dial House in 1794. Detail from the engraving from a drawing by J C Barrow
Dial House, from a photograph of about 1860

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.