The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Fulwell Lodge
(earlier Yorke Farm, later Fulwell Park)

The Common, on the north side of the Staines Road, Twickenham

Francis Poulton
c1607 Lewis Owen (d1623), "Mr Sergaint Owen" in Churchwardens' Accounts for 1618
*William & Rose Tuckey
1623 William Jones, nephew of Lewis Owen, by inheritance
*Lawrence Chunn, warrener
Henry Poulton
*John Gilbert
Andrew Pitcarne
1680 Sir Joseph Ashe
1690 Sir Charles Duncombe (d1711)
Anthony Duncombe, Lord Feversham
1722 *William Chunn, acquitted of murdering a poacher of rabbits
1748 *John Chunn, warrener, son of William
1756 George Merchant (or Marchant)
1766 Lord Willoughby de Broke
1767 John Merchant
1771 Charles Barrow (Barrow & Smith. Oil Merchants)
1784 Addis (Addis & Winslow, Oil Merchants)
1785 Thomas Winslow
1808 Thomas Dickason
1816 *R B Deverell
1827 Sir William Clay (had married Harriet Dickason)
1855 ditto
1871 Sir Charles Freake (1814-1884); House renamed Fulwell Park
1884 Dame Eliza Pudsey Freake (d1900)
1900 Freake Estates
1910 King Manoel of Portugal (d1932)
1932 House demolished
the house in 1871 seen from the north, the garden bordering the Crane River
the house as seen from the Staines Road, in 1871
Entrance to the estate from the Staines Road

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.