The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Grove House

Heath Road (Lane), Twickenham

house built by Robert Gray, Bishop of Bristol 1827-34 (d1834)
Peter Mackenzie
1784 Mr Robert Gray (Samuel Lewis)
1813 Maude Esq
1818 William Gray, Polly Gray, Sarah Gray, Robert Gray
1820 Mary Winifred St Martin Countess de Front
1830 ditto
1831 Rev Victor Fryer & others by inheritance
Rev Haydock James Hill
1836 Col. Thomas George Harriott
1845 Col. Thomas George Harriott (1795- 1857 )
1858 George Robert Harriott, son
1860 Mr Frederick Gwatkin (1809-1873), solicitor. Related to the Ashton family at Laurel Lodge, next door
1882 Mrs Gwatkin
1887 ditto
1889 Henry Mellor-Bennett
1899 Henry Gordon-Cumming
1903 House demolished & replaced by Grove Avenue

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.