The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

Heath Lane Lodge

Heath Lane (Road), Twickenham

1696 Thomas Boucher from Sir William Humble, Bart.
1708 Elizabeth Boucher, widow
1714 Sir Robert Shirley, 1st Earl Ferrers
1717 Countess Ferrers, by inheritance
1762 The Hon George Shirley, by inheritance
1783 House demolished & sale of materials, wings retained
1788 Welbore Ellis
1789 New house built: Heath Lodge
*Isaac Swainson (1746-1812)
1812 *Thomas Canham (1773-1825)
*Margaret Canham, nee Swainson (1766-1837)
1818 Viscount Clifden
1841 Morris Emanuel (1797-1849)
1845 Earl Clifden
*Charles Freake
1852 *Vice-Admiral Arthur Lysaght (d1859)
Mr Nesbitt
1858 ditto
1872 Mr Thomas Nesbitt
1882 R Dixon & Mrs Haddon
1910 Demolished
the house as rebuilt

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.