The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers


East Twickenham, Twickenham

1824 House built for George Owen (Archdeacon) Cambridge
1841 Mrs Cornelia Cambridge (1769-1858)
1859 Rev Richard William Jelf & Rev William Edward Jelf
1860 Property enfranchised
John Parson
1861 George Bishop
1862 Observatory builr
1877 House sold
1881 James Herman de Ricci (1847-1900), barrister & colonial judge
1887 ditto
1919 Eastern Telegraph Company (Exiles Club)
1961 Observatory demolished
Meadowbank in 1866 with the observatory to the right
the Observatory
interior of the observatoy

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.