The Twickenham Museum
Research: Houses of local interest and their occupiers

North End House

Richmond Road, Twickenham

1720 built as a pair of houses by Captain Gray
1769 James Mahwood (Mawood)
1776 Mrs Mawood
1780 King
1785 Pleydell
1800 Pleydell
1804 *Forbes
1818 Thomas Robert Holmes
1846 Mrs Eleanor Holmes
General Ord
Edward Hawke Locker, author and Secretary to Greenwich Hospital
1850 Henry George Bohn (1796-1884). The pair converted into a single house
1887 F R Munton
c1897 house demolished

Note: * signifies tenant or lessee of property, where known. Many of the dates noted are "spot" dates taken from rate books, directories, Enclosure Award, maps, or other sources and may not indicate arrival or departure of an occupier. Occupation is shown chronologically although some exact dates have not yet been ascertained.